PhD Candidate, Centre for Cryptocurrency Research and Engineering, Imperial College London. October 2018 - Present.
MPhil Economics Research, Trinity Hall, Cambridge University. October 2016 - August 2017. Dissertation title: ‘The impact of education spending on school test score outcomes’ (rank 3/32).
Adv PG Dip Economics, Robinson College, Cambridge University. October 2014 - June 2015. (Distinction).
BA Philosophy, Politics and Economics, Warwick University. October 2011 - June 2014. (First Class Hons, rank 1/81 and 2/71).
Citadel Data Open Winner - Worldwide. February 2020. $100k prize money (top team from 7,102 applicants).
Citadel Data Open Winner - Regional. February 2020. $20k prize money.
MakerDao 2,000 prize in the Future of Blockchain competition. March 2019. 2k GBP prize money.
EPSRC PhD Studentship. Department of Computing, Imperial College London.
Economics Faculty Scholarship. University of Cambridge.
Python, Solidity, R, Stata, LaTeX, PostgreSQL, ArcGIS.
English (native), French (advanced), German (basic).
Commit-me: Blockchain for Climate Action Tracking. November 2018 - January 2019. Blockchain based platform to enable individuals/institutions to commit to climate change mitigating actions.
- Analyst, Oxera Consulting LLP. October 2017 - August 2018. Member of Analytics, Energy and Financial Services teams.
- Advised a ferrosilicon manufacturer on an abuse of dominance claim against a state-owned power generator
- Assisted a nuclear power generator with an economic submission to the UK government
- Extensive quantitative modelling (Python, Stata, Excel), including in relation to an electricity market dispatch model (Python).
- Intern, Oxera Consulting LLP. 2014 (via application) and 2015 (via invitation).
- Primarily worked with the Financial Services (FS) team
- Main author in team for published econometric paper, which applied insights from behavioural economics to demand for long-distance rail in Great Britain
- Entrusted with analyst responsibilities: chairing conference calls with regulators and trade associations, conducting careful desk-research and drafting large sections of client reports under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Intern, Centre for Economics and Business Research. 2012 - 2013.
- Accompanied the CEO to meetings with industry leaders, including presentation of evidence to a Treasury Select Committee.
- Head of Talks, PPE Society. 2013 - 2014. Won ‘Society of the Year’, (1/253 societies). According to the University, the Series hosted “some of the most high-profile speakers campus has ever seen”.
I take photographs (portraits, digital and film), enjoy travel, and run.